The Yates Family

The Yates Family

Followers

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Reflections / Oh, by the way...

As 2010 comes to a close, I have a lot to be thankful for.  I can't possibly remember them all or list them all, so don't be offended if you or something else that is an important part of my life is left off.  Above all, I am thankful to God for blessing me and my family.  He knows that I am not deserving at all which makes all of my blessings even more amazing.  I am thankful for my wife which is one of my blessings that I do not deserve.  She seems to be CEO of a million companies in which she is the only employee trying to take care of everything, yet she still finds the time and energy to excel in every role while still being a loving wife, mother, and friend.  I am thankful for my daughter, another blessing that I do not deserve.  Her development, her sponge of knowledge, her creativity, her athleticism, her energy, her gentleness, etc is overwhelming.  I am thankful for the promise of my little boy.  I am thankful to my employer for putting up with me for twelve years and counting.  I am thankful for all of my bosses on all levels for my development and for putting my in favorable situations and allowing me to succeed in my career.  I am thankful to finally finish my education.  I am thankful for my parents, living and deceased, my stepmother, my brother and his family, my in-laws, all of my extended family, and my friends. 

Today, my family and I will finish the year with friends.  Our families will go bowling.  I have not bowled since my girlfriend and I took a bowling class back in college somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 years ago.  I married my girlfriend, but I left the bowling career behind.  It is just like bowling on the Ipod touch, right?  Or is it like when the little elves tease and jump out of the way while chanting "Who's your daddy?"  What ever the case, I am looking forward to a fun conclusion to the year.

As I look forward to 2011, I am excited about starting the year with my family.  I am excited about concluding all current challenges while preparing myself for the certainty of new challenges to come.  I will keep my eyes open for new opportunities.  Oh, and I look forward to the tentative date given to us in early March to leave the USA for Thailand so I can make a tentative appointment date with the Thai government!

Safe travels, and Happy New Year!

Daniel

2 comments:

lillie said...

Beautifully, and thoughtfully written Daniel. I am sure that each and every member of your family, circle of friends, and fellow employees, including bosses, are equally thankful for you in their lives. May you, Patrick, Tinley and your son in thailand have the most wonderful New Year. May God continue to bless you as richly in this New Year.

Anonymous said...

congrats on news of your little boy! another waiting mumma gave me a link to your blog, so thought I would pop by and say hi, we have also just recieved word about our son, we hope to travel in January to bring him home.