The Yates Family

The Yates Family

Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just another rainy day in Thailand

Daniel finally posted a video (just prior to this post) that we took a couple of days ago.  Let's just say that I doubt I have a future in TV:)  You can also definitely tell that I was still exhausted:(  Also, attached to this post is video of the rain. 
Yesterday, we ventured outside the resort to a large, four story shopping mall in Phuket Town.  It was about a 45 minute drive from the resort & our family all piled up in a sedan taxi.  The ride was a part of the experience & again I wished I could have taken some pictures along the way.  The pouring down rain outside the window along with the rate of speed we were traveling pretty much prohibited me from being able to do so though. (took 1 sitting at a traffic light) My first thoughts are what a beautiful, lush area although you definitely see the poorer economic side.  Lots of temples along the way, motor bikes & small shops.  The mall was pretty neat.  Each floor seemed to be dedicated to a particular specialty - 1st floor - ready to wear, 2nd floor - shoes & accessories, 3rd floor - food & sporting goods & 4th - spas & facial clinics.  I found a store I really liked called Jaspal that is all Thai fashion & bought a really cute dress.  Tenley found an accessory store & we left with a sack full of inexpensive little hair accessories:)
Last night, we had dinner at an Italian restaurant at the resort.  Not my favorite meal so far, but Tenley finally got her pasta!

Today, it is raining yet again.  I remember waking up at one point last night to silence & was amazed it had finally stopped raining - seriously, it has not stopped in days. The silence didn't last for long as a few minutes later it started up again.  I think today will be another relaxing day for us & Tenley wants to make the craft today which is handpainting a fan.  She woke us up the night before dreaming & was begging to go to kids club.  We told her about it the next morning & she thought that was too funny.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I didn't realize you were already in Thailand picking up your son!!! So happy to be following your blog....