The Yates Family

The Yates Family


Wednesday, April 6, 2011


I have not posted in a couple of days as it has been such a difficult time.  It has been so painful to watch our son mourn for his foster family.  The first full day with us he was truly so pitiful.  The second day was not much better.  He mainly cried & although there were moments that he would smile, he was still so sad.  He would go to the doors of our room or the driveway of the hotel or any way possible he could think of that might possibly lead him home to his foster family.  Our heads tell us with time that it will get better, but our hearts mourn his loss too & there is no way to get through this simply other than a day at a time.  We have been cranky, stressed & cried with him too.  Poor Tenley has been so great through all of this.  It has been hard on her too & she wants her little brother to love her just as she loves him.  She was thrilled tonight that he sought her out & gave her a hug.
Today was better & we even went to the Dusit Zoo for an outing.  Trit really seemed to enjoy the animals & Tenley was thrilled by a mini kid's roller coaster.  There have been long bouts of crying today too, but thankfully not the 3 & 4 hours ones like the previous days.

Please continue to pray for our family that we will continue bonding & for our safety & health as well. 


Robin and Kyle said...

Hang in there - you're so right that the only way to get through it is day by day. You'll see more smiles by the day. It's great that you were able to get to the zoo for a fun outing.

Angie said...

I'm so sorry it has been a difficult time. I'm praying that God will surround Trit's little heart with comfort, and your heart as well as well.

Kyle Geissler said...

We know what you're going through. It's not easy. We're thinking of you.

Kathy said...

Bless his little heart. That has got to be difficult for you all. Praying for God's sweet healing.

Kathy said...

God love his little heart. Praying for God's strength for you all.

Coley said...

Sissy was the same way in VN when she was 2. She cried, would play out of sight of us alone whenever she could, and didn't want to touched. She would lunge for ANY Vietnamese person ANYWHERE. They found it funny but it really broke our hearts. It was a relief to know that she could form attachments though, she just had to switch to us.

It took about 5 weeks for her to start coming around (2 weeks after we returned home) but soon she was laughing and running and being silly. It just took her time.

Good luck guys. I know how hard it can be. You'll reach the other side soon. Let me know if I can help at all.

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

Poor little guy and how hard to watch him go through it!

plively said...

Hold him close & sing Jesus Loves Me,even though he doesn't understand the words the tune is universal.He will soon feel the love you have for him.